Share Your Passion For Photography!
We are a group of passionate photographers interested in learning and sharing techniques, knowledge and friendship among our members. We create opportunities to extend our formal and informal portfolios, have competitions on different levels, and form special interest groups to learn more about different topics of photography.
Since March of 2020, the majority of our regular meetings have been Zoom gatherings.
- Competitions. We hold monthly Projected Competitions via Zoom on the second Tuesday of each month. And on the third Tuesday of each month, we hold an in-person Print Competition and social hour in Larkspur. We also sponsor a bi-monthly public photo challenge on our club’s Meetup.com website.
- Education. The club has a very strong education program, also via Zoom. On the second Monday of most months, we entertain photography speakers from around the world. And most months also have a second educational program featuring club speakers sharing their expertise and experience. All meetings are recorded and available to our members on our club’s private Youtube channel, which now has almost 100 recorded education presentations and tutorials.
- Small Salons and Special Interest Groups. One of our most popular offerings are our photographic salons and special interest groups (SIGs). Taking advantage of our new Zoom prowess, we currently host four general monthly photographic salons and other SIGs devoted to monochrome, landscape, portrait, wildlife, macro, and street photography.
- Field Trips. Our club sponsors frequent field trips which vary from numerous local day outings to overnight stays at fabulous photographic locations. In addition, our members regularly organize less-formal, non-club-sponsored trips far and wide.
Feel free to visit some of our Members’ websites to see samples of their work and browse the rest of our website to see our organization’s involvement with our members and the community. Interested in joining us? Please visit our How to Join page, or Contact Us for more information.
- Educational activities designed to benefit both the beginning and advanced photographer.
- A chance to share your work (digital projected images, black & white and color prints) through monthly competitions, assignments and events.
- Photographic Salons and Special Interest Groups meeting monthly via Zoom on topics such as Monochrome, Macro, Landscape, Portrait, Street and General Photography.
- Learning through constructive critiques by qualified judges.
- A point system with annual awards.
- Friendships based on a common interest in photography.
- Learn the “Art of Seeing” from viewing members’ work displayed at monthly meetings.
- A subscription to the Focal Plane, the Club’s monthly newsletter.
- An opportunity to display your work in the Club’s Web page.